Welcome to District One's page
District 1 Commissioner
Norman E. Davis, Sr.
1500 Clough Street
Thirty (30) year planner for City/County/State (Macon County) Program Monitor, Project Investigator and Auditor for City, County, and State Educational Projects.
Norman Davis is a native Waycross man, married with three children, a member of St. Paul Baptist Church, attended Northside, Bailey Street Elementary Schools, trumpet player (CHS Band) football player (CHS Tigers) graduated (CHS) 1959.
Received Bachelor of Science Degree in Commercial Industries from Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama. While pursuing Masters Degree in City, County, State and Federal Government Management, was drafted by public school parents in Macon County to run for Macon County School Board of Education. Won election and was very instrumental in reorganizing the county school system and building the community’s first consolidated Macon County High School.
C ommissioners Davis has served as:
- Supervisor-Human Service Planner III for Children’s Trust Fund, Director of Community Development, Director of Community Planning and Economic Development, Adjustment.
- Instructor/Resource Development, Tuskegee Model City Human resources Developer, City Department Head of Recreation and Youth Services, planned, developed and obtained funds for implementation of the city’s Head Start Program, Director of Fatherhood Initiative Program (AFIP), Director of the Young Volunteers and Action Program, Director of Migrant Worker Program, President and CEO of a Small Business, and other capacities in city, county, and state government.
- Continuing education: State of Alabama Performance Appraisal, CTF Web-Based Reporting System Training, Governmental Accountant and Auditor Training, Transitional Analysis for Managers, Practical Strategies to Strengthen (Board of Directors) Advanced Computer Network, Grammar and Word Usage, Time Management, Positive Discipline and Effective Writing.
- License and Certification: Certified Mentor, The Sentencing Institute, Alabama State University, NTF Community Leadership
Development, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama. Certified Fatherhood Development Facilitator, National Center for
Strategic Nonprofit Planning and Community Leadership, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Professional Distinctions: Numerous performance/contribution recognitions including Personalities of the South, Who’s Who in America, Legionnaire of the Year, State Mental Health Service Award, City of Tuskegee Outstanding Achievement Award, Joint House and Senate Resolutions Recognition for Outstanding Service to Youth, Jaycees Scotsman and Outstanding Business Award, and Pro Plan International Outstanding Achievement Award. Many other certifications and letters of appreciation which includes a letter of recognition from former President Ronald Reagan for Young People’s Volunteer Training Program.
- Professional Affiliations: Tuskegee Jaycees, Tuskegee County Youth Council, Macon County Retardation and Rehabilitation
Board, Omega Phi Fraternity, F&E Mason and Shriner(32nd Degree). Served on Macon County Teen Aged Task Force, served on
several other executive and advisory boards and commissions.